vrijdag 26 september 2014

The same but not the same


It's been a while since my last update and so much has happened. But then again nothing happened much really.
I still have this auto-immune disease. I still feel sad and lonely once in a while (but who doesn't). I still enjoy my k-drama's and Thai lakorns. I still watch a movie every now and then. I still meet up with my friends. I still like to play around with Adobe programs. I still love eating delicious food even if preparing it myself might not be as good as the original dish. I still love my parents (oh my). I still miss my relatives overseas. I still haven't been able to visit them. It's been 5 years now.


As regards to my disease, luckily the doses has been reduced and I'm nearly rid of that one atrocious tasting pill.
The first time my tongue touched its surface I nearly puked. It has a horrible bitter taste, worse than gastric juice, eurrrrghh. After which I started to flick it to the back of my mouth, nearly hitting my uvula, before drowning it with a large gulp of water to prevent it ever touching my tongue. But that didn't work as the part where the tongue can taste bitterness is actually at the back. So nowadays I try to gently flick them towards the front or center (neutral taste area) of my tongue to avoid the horrible taste. What a detailed description of something that has become such a tedious activity in my life....


The sad and lonely days have become less and been replaced by more happy days. This is mostly due to all the new, modern, and well written drama's I've seen this year. I just love how things are changing in the Asian broadcasting industry be it slow but still ever evolving. Even though culturally things have already changed a lot, seeing that young people on the streets are more straightforward with their actions and behavior towards PDA, opposed to what you actually get to see on TV which is a reflection of how things were (let's say) 10-25 years ago.

Example 1: The only physical contact the leading couple of a Thai lakorn used to have is near the ending (2 months long, 2-3 episodes 1,5 hour each p/wk.) or at the end of the final episode. That's like waiting for 36 hours to reach some sort of romantic climax.
Example 2: The K-dramas have become somewhat more realistic, but there are still some storylines that have one of the two leading characters (or more people), die of some sort of horrid disease or terrible accident after overcoming some sort of tremendous hurdle in life. Or they have to go through unbelievably ridiculous misfortune (by fault of their own or thanks to the people around them). But yet get to have some sort of happiness after all in the end. 
Or not, in which that case the writers tend to aim for the story to have some sort of message or meaning like "karma comes back to you", or "you can't outrun the truth", "this is how a good parent/child should be" etc.

Both Thai lakorn and K-dramas have this in common: the leading characters are too good to be true. The female character is too kind, too good-looking, and too weak (physically and mentally) and the male character is also too nice, too righteous, and too masculine (either physically or mentally).
But that has changed! I don't have to cringe so often as I did in the past. This year was very much un-cringingly watchable.

Visiting friends has been such a joy, for there is a new born in my life. My friends baby though. Such an adorable little boy called Sven. And soon after his birth, another friend of mine was expecting her second child of whom she just gave birth to 2 weeks ago, 12th September woohoo. 
I'm going to have to hurry before my ovaries dry out haha.
And even though I'm surrounded with great friends and loving parents, I still miss a part of me that's left in that far away country where all the 4 seasons have something in common: the temperature.
I'm working hard to finally being able to visit the ones I have so much love for. And hope that will be someday soon...like January 2015? 

We'll see,



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten