vrijdag 24 februari 2012

Bad memory



I can't recall when I've last written a letter...


Things used to be so simple. 
As a child you'd have the least worries in the world.
The hardest thing you'd have to think about was how to win at a game played outside with friends or how to please your parents in order to receive affection or praise (or gifts ....hehe).


Kids nowadays grow old too fast. They don't play the way I used to play.
When I was 12 years old I still worried about climbing trees, swimming in ponds, preparing/buying and eating food together with friends.......doing things a child should be doing at that age.
All I see today is little girls worrying about their outer appearance. Wearing make-up, wearing cloths not age appropriate, wondering how to appease the boys.....
Yuk.....haha...at least that's how my thoughts were when hearing my female friends jokingly talk about that stuff at the time.
Boys/men/males.......the opposite sex......were never an interest of mine that way, not until I've reached the age of 17-18 though. Before that I considered everybody a friend no matter what gender they are.
It's all fine as long as it fun and games develloping into innocent affections for one another leading to holding hands and perhaps a kiss on the cheeks or lips for that matter. First base is as far as things should go at that age. Haha...perhaps I'm old-fashioned....
Perhaps I just think young women should appreciate themselves more. They are worth more than what they might think themselves to be. Giving themselves away just for the sake of a little bit of affection from the opposite sex is beyond my comprehension. Where did all this insecurity come from?

I guess that's the reason why I approach males as a friend till today. 
I find it quite funny how some women parade with  their femininity and disturbingly pathetic how most men easily fall for their tricks. Yuk....haha.
Even if I'm attracted to some one, I wouldn't know how to act a certain way to make them aware of my attraction. 
I have no seduction skills whatsoever other than being myself haha.

Unless they prefer a woman who's competitive, curious and laughs and giggles easily once she's met a person who has the same sense of humour as she does regardless of their gender haha.

I used to love writing letters, to friends, to relatives in Thailand.
I always wanted to write letters to my boyfriend, but too bad that hasn't happened yet in my life.
Perhaps it never will, since we're living in this digital era. 
Receiving a love-email is something entirely different and can't compare to a handwritten love-letter.
Haha. 
Aishhhh.....wishful thinking......


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten