vrijdag 9 september 2011

KDrama addiction

Hi, my name is Uma and I'm an addict. A KDrama addict.
My all time favourite has to be "Coffee Prince a.k.a. The first shop of Coffee Prince".


Synopsis:
The life of Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) is not easy; she works many jobs to pay off debts and even gave up her feminine image. Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) is the heir of a big food company, but his grandmother wants him to settle down, so she arranged many dates for him. After Eun Chan bumped into Han Kyul and was mistaken for a boy, Han Kyul decided to hire Eun Chan to be his gay lover in order to avoid the arranged dates. Desperately in need of money, Eun Chan had no choice but to accept. Han Kyul’s grandmother also made Han Kyul in charge of a filthy coffee shop in danger of being bankrupt. Eun Chan begged to work at the coffee shop, and not long after, feelings start to spark, except, how would Han Kyul accept his “homosexuality”?

Hahaha....such a sweet story! The characters are so believable. I just fell in love with Goong Yoo (main actor, plays Choi Han Kyul).

Goong Yoo
Yoon Eun Hye (main actress) I knew from the KDrama "Goong a.k.a. Princess Hours". Her character in Goong is adorable and annoying in the beginning. In Coffee Prince you sympathise with her situation and cry along every time her character drops a tear. This drama also makes you wish you can bumb into a guy like Han Kyul who loves a person for who they are despite of their gender.
I am straight myself but appeciate the thought the writers and director have put into this subject matter. It's just beautifull how love can transcend gender and social status.


It tickles the imagination how Choi Han Kyul struggles with his feelings. He's a straight man himself but thinks he's going crazy because of his growing feelings towards a young "boy" he feels so much sympathy for. He even consults a psychiatrist who in return prescribes him pills to take over a period of 3 days. LOL...like that's going to solve anything.

They've told this story really well. I just have to state that for non-Asians the social context might be difficult to understand at times but you have to bare through it. I did sometimes get impatient with how the characters dealt with certain situations, I was going too fast (European temperament), but then remembered their social status and culture is also involved and compared them with my own Thai heritage. After wich I cooled down a few notches and got carried away in the flow of the drama again....haha.
Eventhough the main story is about the evolving relationship of the main characters, the different side stories are intersting too, so every episode stays entertaining.

I just can't get enough of this story!
You can watch all the episodes online @ Dramacrazy.net
There's also this website Mysoju.com, so check it out.

Here's a small list of some of the drama's I've seen over the past couple of months. Most of them are 16 - 17 episodes long. As you can see I have a lot of free time on my hands since I'm not able to work yet due to my illness...argghh.

* Personal Taste
* Boys Before Flowers (cute studentlife comedy/romance)
* Secret Garden (funny romance)
* The Greatest Love (romantic comedy)
* Lie to me
* You're Beautifull
* Heartstrings
* My Princess
* Playfull Kiss
* Pasta
* My name is Kim Sam Soon
* My Girl
* City Hall (haven't finished watching)
* The World They Live In
* Stained Glass (old, have the DVD)
* Fireworks (old, have the DVD)
* I'm Sorry I Love You (old, have the DVD)
* Full House (old, have the DVD starring RAIN Kpop artist)
* Coffeehouse
* Take Care Of The Young Lady / My Fair Lady / Lady Castle/ Take Care of Agassi/ Agassireul Pputakae (haven'finished watching)
* Mary Stayed Out All Night (haven't finished watching)
* Can You Hear My Heart (long winded...haven't finished watching)
* Bad Couple (2011 drama, haven't start watching)
* Scent Of A Woman (2011 drama ongoing, love this romantic story, and the main actress has a backbone! waiting for the last 6 episodes)
* Lovestory In Harvard (old, seen it a few years ago)

And not to mention all the KMovies I've seen. There's just TOO many to mention.
I'm a film freak. I can tell you all the Western movies/animations I've seen this year alone but that's just boring. So as a shortcut I'll just mention the amount....200+...hehe.

The last Western movie I've seen this weekend with my longtime friend KC is called "Paul" starring Simon Pegg & Nick Frost. It's a sciencefiction comedy. Very funny indeed. Wonder how "The Hangerover II" will turn out, since they've filmed a big partion of it in Thailand hehe. And "Limitless" which also stars Bradley Cooper. I'd also like to see "Bridesmades".

Ahhh...that enough about KDrama's and such for today. I'm almost satiated when it comes to this genre...so I'm kicking the habit at the moment. Just watch a little every now and again. I'm just killing time waiting for "Scent of a Woman" to finish.
And that's a rap for now....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten