vrijdag 9 september 2011

Rumble in Limboland

While watching a KDrama (Korean Drama) online on my laptop in bed last night, the entire rooom started to tremble... I had no idea what was going on. It just felt a bit weird. My entire bed was shaking and I also felt the walls moving. Thinking it couldn't have been the neighbours, they're not that noisy, well not all the time...haha.
Anywho I brushed it off and continued to watch my drama.

It wasn't until the next morning my father asked me if I felt the tremble I figured it must have been an earthquake. And after that he told me it was an earthquake - -"... It could have been a 3 or 4 on the R-scale, not much of a tremble as you can figure. I immediately start to imagine how horrible it must be for people who go through such events on a regular basis... Scary, how frightning it must be especially for children and the elderly.

After that Japan was on the news. Those people who suffered the earthquake and tsunami in Fukushima still can't return to their homes.
There's still radioactive material leaking and the coolingdevice is still not up to par. Some 80.000 inhabitants are still homeless. According to the officials it's probably going to take the next couple of years to clean up the area surrounding the nuclear power plant with costs reaching 10 billion euro's.

Ahhh...nature sucks at times.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten